One of the grand tasks of current taxonomy is to prepare a checklist of plants of the globe. This paper is based on the collection of angiosperm flora in family Convolvulaceae in particular between 2014 and 2015. The present paper reports 35 species under 9 genera of Convolvulaceae from Tripura district. Ipomoea is the largest genus with 18 species followed by Merremia with 4 species, Convolvulus and Argyreia with 3 species of the family Convolvulaceae. The family comprises annual and perennial, prostrate, twinning and trailing herbs. Moreover, 6 taxa were found to be shrubs.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Austin, D. F. and Huaman, Z. 1996. A synopsis of Ipomoea (Convolvulaceae) in the Americas, Taxon, 45: 3-38.
- Bhellum, B. L.and Rani Magotra, A. 2007. Additions to the flora of Jammu and Kashmir State- New Reports. J. Phytol. Res. 15 (2): 229- 231.
- Blatter, E. 1927- 1929. Beautiful flowers of Kashmir. Series I- III. London Coventry, B. O. 1923- 1930. Wild flowers of Kashmir. Series I- III. London.
- Coventry, B. O. 1923- 1930, Wild flowers of Kashmir. Series I- III, London.
- Gamble, J. S. and Fischer, C.E.C. 1921-1935. Flora of Presidency of Madras. Vol. 1-3, Adlard and Son Ltd., London, 1-2017.
- Hooker, J. D. 1872- 1897.The flora of British India. Reeve & Co. Ltd.,London.
- Lawrence, G.H.M. 1951. Taxonomy of Vascular Plants, (Mc Millan, New York, U.S.A.
- Mabberley, D. J. 2008. Mabberley’s Plant book, A portable dictionary of Plants, their classification and uses. Third Edition. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Royal, J. F. 1833- 1839. Illustrations of the Botany and other branches of the natural history of the Himalayan Mountains and of the flora of cashmere. Vol. I. & II, London.
- Sharma, B. M. and Kachroo, P. 1981. Flora of Jammu and plants of neighborhood. Bishen singh and Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehra Dun.
- Stewart, R. R. 1972. Annotated catalogue of Vascular plants of West Pakistan and Kashmir. Fakhri Printing press, Karachi.
- Swami, A.and Gupta. H. 1998. Nomenclature of Ipomoea nil complex (Convolvulaceae) Taxon, 35: 355- 358.