Development of biologically inspired experimental process for the synthesis of nanoparticles is an important branch of nanotechnology. Biosynthesis of nanoparticles using plant extracts is currently under exploitation. In view, the present work on synthesis of silver (Ag) nanoparticles using biomolecules from leaf extract Calotropis procera was investigated. The complete reduction of silver ions was noticed after 48 h of reaction at 300C under shaking condition. Synthesized nanoparticles were characterized using UV-Vis spectroscopy, XRD and SEM. The silver nanoparticles were predominately spherical in shape and polydispersed in nature with an average size of 55 nm.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Akanna, S., K.V. Prasad, E.K. Elumalai and N. Savithramma (2010). Production of biogenic silver nanoparticles using Boswellia ovalifoliolata stem bark. Digest Journal of Nanomaterial and Biostructure, 5(2): 369-372.
- Chudasama, B., A.K. Vala, N. Andhariya, R.V. Metha and R.V. Upadhyay (2010). Highly bacterial resistant silver nanoparticles: synthesis and antibacterial activities.
- Journal of Nanoparticles Resarch, 12(5): 1677-1685.
- Dubey, M., S. Bhadauria and B.S. Kushwah (2009). Green synthesis of nanosilver particles from extract of Eucalyptus hybrinda leaf. Digest Journal of Nanomaterial and Biostructure, 4(3): 537-543.
- Parashar, V., R. Parashar, B. Sharma and A.C. Pandey (2009). Parthenium leaf extract mediated synthesis of silver nanioparticles: A noval approach towards weed utilization. Digest Journal of Nanomaterial and Biostructure, 4(1): 45-50.
- Rajesh, W.R., R.L. Jaya, S.K. Niranjan, D.M. Vijay and B.K. Sahebrao (2009). Phytosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Gliricidia sepium. Current Nano Science, 5: 177-122.
- Roy, N. and A. Barik (2010). Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from the unexploited weed resources. International Journal of Nanotechnology and Application, 4(2): 95-101.
- Sathyavathi, R., M. B. Krishna, S.V. Rao, R. Saritha and D.N. Rao (2010). Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Coriandrum sativum leaf extract and their application in nonlinear optics. Advance Science Letter, 3: 1-6.
- Shankar, S.S., A. Ahmad, R. Pasricha and M. Sastry (2003). Bioreduction of chloroaurate ions by geranium leaves and its endophytic fungus yields gold nanoparticles of different shapes. Journal of Material Chemistry, 13: 1822-182.